A bunk bed is a furniture made up of woods, metals, or alloys that are composed of two beds that are connected vertically to each other. Most parents prefer bunk beds for two people (etagenbetten für zwei personen) because of the space that it could save on someone’s room. Some of them say that it is better than having two separate beds in a room and some would reason out that it is better because it is easier for them to supervise their children at their sleep. But using this kind of bed has also negative effects and the concern now is if these negative effects could greatly affect the user of the bed.
Advantages of Bunk Beds
Using a bunk bed has many benefits and advantages and here are some of it:
- More space available for the room – Since in bunk beds, two beds are connected vertically, the space being occupied by it is equivalent to a space occupied by a single bed. In addition to that, there will be more space for other furniture and appliances if a bunk bed will be used in the room.
- Options for usage of lights – With one bed being on the top and the other at the bottom, with bunk bed, the one who prefers more light exposure especially at night would not have a problem anymore.
- Easily to manage each kid – With the single space provided for the kids, it is easier for the parents now to supervised their kids especially at night
Disadvantages of Bunk Beds
While bunk beds come with many advantages, there is also a negative side of it and here are some of the disadvantages of using bunk beds:
- Safety concerns – Since one of the beds is located at the top, there are things that may happen on the kids if not guided properly by the parents.
- Getting up and down the ladder – The part of getting up and down the ladder is not always safe for the both of the kids especially at night.
- The top bed has limited control on the things below – Since getting up or down the ladder is difficult especially at night, things that are only accessible below is limited such as comfort rooms, or if the kid needs to drink water.
The bunk beds for two people have both advantages and disadvantages but it always depends on the parents on how they will guide their children.